Hrvatski zavod za zapošljavanje, Područni ured Karlovac / Croatian Employment Service, Branch office Karlovac
Hrvatski zavod za zapošljavanje, Podružni ured Karlovac, Croatia / Croatian Employment Service, Branch office Karlovac (leader of WP 6: Quality Assurance and Evaluation)
The Croatian Employment Service is a public institution, owned by the Republic of Croatia, constituted under the Law on mediation in employment and entitlements during unemployment, aimed at resolving employment and unemployment related issues in their broadest sense. Main CES activities are:
- Job mediation – CES referes the unemployed people and people who seek employment to the employers who seek workers. It mediates between the largest data base of unemployed people and other people who seek employment and the largest data base of workplace vacancies (in the Republic of Croatia). Both data bases exist in the electronic format, which makes them accessible to the entire Croatia.
- Vocational guidance – vocational guidance is conducted by the vocational informing and counselling. Vocational guidance includes vocational informing – the process by which important information regarding the choices of occupation, profession and the area of work is given; and vocational counselling – the process which, through collecting the relevant data, counsels about the vocational paths.
- Provision of financial support to unemployed– rights of unemployed people are determined by the Law on mediation of employment and entitlements during unemployment and its purpose is to facilitate the effective functioning of the labour market and to create the essential legal grounds for insuring the adequate level of social security of unemployed people.
- Employment training – CES participates in the employment training activities aimed at increasing the balance between the abilities of unemployed people and the current and anticipated labour market needs. Except for implementing the Active Employment Policy Measures, i.e. financing and co-financing employment and training (administering training programmes), the CES also participates in various projects, initiatives, and activities aimed at unemployed persons' training, and administered through cooperation with the local and regional units of self-government and through various EU projects and other activities and initiatives which include training.
- Employment preparation – the expert assistance which affects the level of employability of a person who seeks employment, and is preventive in balancing the supply and demand in the labour market.
Rome people are one of the groups that CES RO Karlovac is working actively with in order to improve their employment opportunities and social inclusion in general. The activities that CES RO Karlovac has performed in the last 5 years are the following:
- Including the unemployed Roma people in the programme “Decade of Literacy”. The goal was to provide the elderly unemployed Roma people primary education.
- 6 unemployed Roma persons have received a high school diploma and their first vocation through the CES activity that was funded through the National Plan of Active Employment Policy Measures.
- 7 unemployed Roma persons were employed by providing co-financing through the National Plan of Active Employment Policy Measures.
HRVATSKI ZAVOD ZA ZAPOŠLJAVANJE, PODRUČNI URED KARLOVAC,
HZZ PODRUČNI URED KARLOVAC
DOMOBRANSKA 19, 47000 KARLOVAC CROATIA
Phone number: 00 385 47 606 400