The educational and talent nurturing program of the Queen of the Gypsies Association with the involvement of Parno GrasztThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
Queen of the Gypsies
4475 Paszab, Kossuth u. 25.
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Start date: 01.08.2013.
End date: 31.08.2014.
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
Our goal is to save and increase the cultural heritage of the local roma population, to strengthen the roma identity and convey their value. To develop the talents and skills of gifted, roma youth, and motivate them with positive guidance. We plan this through free services provided by the music group Parno Graszt, to give a chance to our target group to experience the possibility and the development of responsible thinking and of different approaches.
Results of the project
Results of the project:
- authentic musical instrument training
- vocal training
- dance training
- talent spotting and developing together with the Roma Talent-spotting Council (RTT)
- set up a music camp, where two of the most talented youngster will have the opportunity to participate in the next album of Parno Graszt
- organizing audience meetings with successful Hungarian roma artists
- workshops mainly for not roma people to present and introduce the values and history of roma culture and music
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
Young, mainly roma people living in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, with underprivileged, bad social circumstances, who are interested in the roma cultural heritage.
Sources of funding
Total project cost: 7.755,00 Euro
EE Grant: 6.913,00 Euro