Rather togetherThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
Tilos Cultural Foundation
1462 Budapest, Postafiók 601.
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Start date: 01.09.2013.
End date: 30.04.2014.
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
The goal is to establish a training studio at Tilos Radio in Bp. and create a complex training program for community radio broadcasters. Using these we will train Roma volunteers with the objective of creating a Roma community radio in Sajokaza.
The primary target groups are: the Tilos Radio and members of Tilos who provide the training and the students of the Dr. Ámbédkár high-school as the broadcasters of the future community radio. The secondary group is the audience of the Roma radio and all the co-operators in Sajókaza.
Establishing the studio, the complex, community-forming tasks that the process required and the multifarious experiences gained through them, were all highly influential to all directly involved participants, while the community radio's voice created democracy, besides being a generator element of creativity and social activity.
Results of the project
• selecting the project co-ordinator and the trainers of Tilos Radio
• creating the complex training course and the timetable
• selecting the partner co-ordinator and the participating students in Sajókaza
• establishing the training studio at Tilos Radio in Bp.
• the training program
• selection and acquisition of the studio equipment as a part of the course
• establishing the radio studio in Sajókaza
• radio practices: how to make a real radio show
• the first live broadcast as a net-radio
• the first administrative steps to obtain an “on air” broadcasting licence
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
Roma volunteers, Roma community in Sajokaza