The Improvement of the Position of Roma Children in Education in Baranja RegionThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
Učiteljski fakultet u Osijeku
Fakultet za odgojne i obrazovne znanosti
31000 O S I J E K
Cara Hadrijana 10, PP 330
Tel: ++385 (0)31 321-700
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Start date: August 2013
End date: February 2015
Duration: 18 months
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
Overall objective: to promote equal opportunities and integration of Roma children in Croatian education system.
We will contribute through:
• the integration of Roma children of pre-school and school age in the shorter educational programmes and activities ;
• building the competencies of educators, teachers, principals, associates and students of the Teachers faculty to work in a multicultural community .
Results of the project
- We built the capacities and strengthened the parents of Roma children and foster parents of vulnerable children, who became partners in the process of socialization, integration and achievement of their children;
- The participation of 120 Roma children, aged from 3 to 11 years in pre-school, school and extra-curricular activities;
- Providing assistance in learning and homework for children with learning difficulties (400 visiting students - volunteers);
- The maintenance of a total of 168 workshops on dialogue, non-violent communication and creative conflict resolution for about 500 Roma and non-Roma children in schools in Baranja;
- Connecting all the stakeholders in the educational process in a multicultural community;
- The acquisition of additional competencies for 60 teachers, principals, professionals, and students of the Teachers faculty to work with the Roma children.
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
500 Roma and non-Roma children, students - volunteers, 60 teachers, principals, professionals, students of the Teachers faculty
Sources of funding
IPA IV – Integracija skupina u nepovoljnom položaju u redoviti obrazovni sustav – Europeaid/131319/M/ACT/HR