Phagieras barrier - a project for Roma communities Stone Mountains, Legnica and PrzemkówThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Polskie Towarzystwo Dysleksji Oddział Terenowy Nr 49
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
phone: 74 853 39 10
Project information – start and end date (if available)
01.01.2011 - 31.12.2012
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
The objectives of the project:
- Increasing the level of education and vocational and social integration of the Roma.
- Raising the awareness of the Roma community.
- Increasing mobility skills at the labour market and the awareness of their professional skills.
- Increasing the competitiveness of the Roma at the labour market and increasing their practical skills.
- Increasing the knowledge and skills in the field of ICT, foreign languages and the Polish language.
- Raising the level of integration and self-identity.
- Increasing the skills of active leisure and improving the conditions.
- The promotion of Roma culture.
- Preparing boys and girls to perform social and professional roles.
Results of the project
The activities carried out within the project:
- Workshops with the specifications of Roma culture.
- Career counseling.
- Vocational training - a driving course, refreshments, educators' colony, welder, floristic.
- Computer training.
- Individual courses of reading and writing.
- Created community centers for children, which held classes and meetings with teachers, speech therapists and therapists.
- Classes for Roma children and youth, the festival.
- Organized sport activities at the pool and gym for children.
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
The number of Roma receiving support: 297.
The project was aimed at Roma men, women and children at risk of social exclusion, living in: Stone Mountain, Legnica and Przemków.
Sources of funding
Funded by the European Union. Human Capital Operational Programme. Projects for the Roma community
Condensed Case Studies implemented within the framework I, II, III and IV Competition:
Document - materials that incurred in the project