MS4ROW: A mentoring system for Roma teenage girls and women on their vocational and educational pathThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Hungary
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
Center za izobraževanje in kulturo, Trebnje
Contact: Mrs Patricija Pavlič
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
The main motivation behind the project MS4ROW is that Roma women and teenage girls are often the victims of double discrimination: firstly for being women, and secondly for being Roma. The Roma population is stigmatized by the society on a daily basis. As a consequence the population is characterized by exclusion, discrimination, lack of education, high early drop-out rates and level of unemployment, low employment opportunities and poor living standard.
Aims of the project:
• to develop a comprehensive alternative model of teaching (mentoring system for Roma teenage girls),
• to allow the individual girls to design and realize a personal and vocational path,
• to improve literacy and skills,
• to empower girls to combat the discrimination based on gender inequality in education, access to employment and to enhance the acceptance of Roma girls in the society.
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
• Roma teenage girls and women
• mentors – experts in their fields who are familiar with the issues of adult education for underprivileged target groups
Sources of funding
European Commission’s Lifelong Learning Programme
Document - materials that incurred in the project
EDUCATION CONTENT IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
MENTORING SYSTEM PLAN
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR INSTITUTIONS
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR ROMA GIRLS & WOMEN AND OPINION MAKERS
METHODOLOGICAL REMARKS FOR QUESTIONNAIRE