Let's go to kindergartenThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
LAVOSLAVA RUŽIČKE 2
40 000 Čakovec
040/ 391 - 510
The Association of Preschool Educators "Krijesnice"
Matice hrvatske 10
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Start date: 22.08. 2013
Duration: 18 months
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
The Roma population is poorly included into pre-school education. In most cases the members of this minority fail to complete elementary education. An improvement in the effect of the education in the Roma population would be achieved if the children were included in pre-school programmes already at the age of 5.
The goals of the project:
1. Raising the level of language knowledge, cultural and social skills of Roma children through early inclusion into the educational system (target group of 40 Roma children at the age of 5 – Activity 1 – Education of Roma children)
2. Raising the parents' awareness of institutional aspects of education and care for Roma children ( target group: 40 Roma parents – Activity 2 – Support for Roma national minority parents through interactive workshops)
3. Instruction on the Roma way of life for the educators and assistants, and finding optimal ways of supporting the integration of Roma children into the regular educational system (target group: 100 educators, assistants and staff – Activity 3 – Training for educators and Roma assistants)
4. Raising awareness of participants and target groups on the need and importance of earlier inclusion of Roma children into the educational system – children from the age of 5 (all target groups and end users Activity 4)
Results of the project
-1 package of didactic toys was supplied, consisting of 217 pieces; furniture was supplied for two rooms consisting of 74 pieces of furniture in total– cabinets, shelves, a table, chairs.
- 1 Research- analysis; two testing points for the target group (40 Roma children at the age of 5) – one before beginning the project activities and one after the activities are implemented.
- 40 Roma children included into two educational groups, two excursions, 3 months of swimming training, 4 cultural programmes, employment of 2 educators and 2 Roma assistants.
- 1 Info day for the parents, with 40 Roma parents attending, and 5 experts participating (psychologist, doctor, 2 educators and a kindergarten principal).
- 10 workshops, 40 Roma parents, lecture materials, 3 lecturers included.
- the symposium was held, 80 educators were trained, 6 experts were included in conducting the symposium.
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
40 Roma children at the age of 5, 2 educators and 2 Roma assistants
Sources of funding
Total: 178,500 Euro
EU funds: 135,660 Euro (76%)
Own funds: 42,840 Euro (24%)
Document - materials that incurred in the project
Let's go to kindergarten; promotional movie