BARABAL - Gender Mainstreaming in Roma EducationThe content reflects the views only of the author, and the e-RR project partner consortium cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Spain, Slovakia, Romania
Project lead partner/organization and contact person (e-mail, links) project website
Contact: Raquel Santos Perez
Project information – start and end date (if available)
Summary (goals and purposes of the project)
Barabal Project aims at improving the Roma girls access to and stay in lifelong learning as well as the youth and women in socio-economic disadvantage in Europe by integrating a gender approach into the policies, programmes and work methodologies related to improving the education of the Roma in social exclusion.
The general aims of the project are:
• To contribute to the improvement of the levels of education access, the stay and success of Roma population, especially female Roma population in social exclusion in Europe.
• To contribute to the improvement of literacy and basic skills of Roma women in social exclusion.
• To support policies, programmes and initiatives of prevention, monitoring and the control of absenteeism and education failure of Roma girls in social exclusion.
• To contribute to the access to lifelong learning of Roma girls and women in social exclusion in Europe.
• To promote the stay and transition to the following educational phases/stages of Roma girls, young and adult women in social exclusion.
• To contribute to the awareness and empowerment of Roma women about their rights, skills and abilities to participate actively in their society and community.
• To empower young Roma women and men as actors for change and equality within their community and environment.
• To reinforce knowledge and awareness about Roma culture, history and a diverse situation in Europe.
Who will benefit from this project (target group)
• Roma population in social exclusion
Sources of funding
Lifelong Learning Programme of the European Commission